Good speakers know how to work the room. They project the right personality and voice to articulate their message.
TalkShop, leading training facility offers the following tips for presentations and business meetings:
1. Speak up to be heard by everyone. Adjust your volume when addressing a larger audience. Do not rely on the microphone to amplify your voice.
2. Raise your volume gradually as you build interest towards the main idea. Lower it when you proceed with secondary ones.
3. Adjust your volume when you shift to another topic/idea.
4. Questions should end with a higher pitch, while statements should end on a level or lower pitch.
5. Talk faster to show enthusiasm or humor. Slow down to emphasize a major point, and allow the audience to absorb your message.
6. Control the timbre of your voice by lending emotions appropriate to the words and phrases.
7. Vary your expression to match the message.
Learn to speak with authority that commands attention and respect.