1. Jes wrote an open letter to Jeffries regarding his recent comments and included these stunning photographs of herself posing with a more typical Abercrombie-type male model.
2. “The only thing you’ve done through your comments (about thin being beautiful and only offering XL and XXL in your stores for men) is reinforce the unoriginal concept that fat women are social failures, valueless, and undesirable.”
3. “Well, actually, that’s not all you have done. You have also created an incredible opportunity for social change.”
4. “Never in our culture do we see sexy photo shoots that pair short, fat, unconventional models with not short, not fat, professional models. To put it in your words: ‘unpopular kids’ with ‘cool kids.’”
5. “The juxtaposition of uncommonly paired bodies is visually jarring, and, even though I wish it didn’t, it causes viewers to feel uncomfortable.”
6. “This is largely attributed to companies like yours that perpetuate the thought that fat women are not beautiful. This is inaccurate, but if someone were to look through your infamous catalog, they wouldn’t believe me.”
7. “I’ve enclosed some images for your consideration. Please let me know what you think.”
8. “I was inspired by the opportunity to show that I am secure in my skin and to flaunt this by using the controversial platform that you created.”
9. “Not only do I know that I’m sexy, but I also have the confidence to pose nude in ways you don’t dare.”
10. “My hope is that the combination of these contrasting bodies will someday be as ubiquitous as the socially accepted ideal.”
11. “P.S. If you would like to offer me a ‘substantial amount’ to stop wearing your brand so my association won’t ‘cause significant damage to your image,’ don’t hesitate to email me.”
We've got your WKND covered.
In The News Today
- Prosecutors will seek the death penalty for Dylann Roof, accused of killing nine people in a Charleston church in June. ›