1. Banana Boys
AIDS Rochester, Inc.
2. Naked Torsos
4. If You Can’t Keep It Zipped, Keep It Covered
Catawba County Health Department, Hickory, NC
5. Good Boys Always Wear Their Rubbers
Department of Health, Office of AIDS Prevention, City of Chicago
6. Please Hug Me
Center For Attitudinal Healing, Tiburon, CA
7. America Responds to AIDS
Centers for Disease Control, United States Federal Government
Orange County Center for Health
Victorian AIDS Council, Inc./Gay Men’s Health Centre, Inc., Australia
10. World AIDS Day
Australian Federation of AIDS Organisations (AFAO)
11. Africa We Care
Gauteng AIDS Programme
13. Regular Condom Use
Helseutvalget for homofile, Olso
The Hot Rubber Company Deutschland, Berlin, Germany
16. Love His Sin
Treffpunkt und Beratung fur Prostituierte, Berlin
AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power (ACT UP)
18. For Teenagers Only
Indiana State Board of Health
19. Get It Under Cover
Metro Committee on AIDS
20. Drugs AIDS No
Vydal ustav zdravotnej vychovy, Bratislava
21. Stop AIDS
AIDS-Hilfe Schweiz, Zurich, Switzerland
22. Stop AIDS Now
AIDS-Informations-Zentrale Austria (AIDS-Hilfe Informationsstelle)
Health Education Service
24. Be Good In Bed
Terence Higgins Trust, London, U.K.
25. Protect Your Valuables
27. Sharing Needles Is Just Asking For It
National Advisory Committee on AIDS (NACAIDS)
29. Don’t Forget The Chapter On AIDS
AIDS ACTION Committee
30. Cover Your
AIDS Committee of Durham Region, Oshawa, ON
31. Prevent AIDS
Massachusetts Department of Public Health, AIDS Office
All posters come from the AIDS Education Posters Collection curated by the University of Rochester. The school has collected over 6,200 posters, which “document document efforts to educate and inform the people of over 100 countries in over 60 languages, from 1982 to the present.” The collection was originally launched last year, during the 30th anniversary of the identification of HIV/AIDS.
Those interested in learning more about World AIDS Day can visit the organization’s website.
- President Obama has announced a new rule that would expand eligibility for overtime pay to millions more Americans.
- An order from the U.S. Supreme Court means Texas abortion clinics affected by a new state law can stay open while the law is challenged.
- Transgender women can be housed in women's immigrant detention facilities under new guidelines issued today.