1. It had the best music.
If you need confirmation, here’s an eight-hour compilation of the game’s soundtrack (including Build and Buy mode, which you definitely spent days of your life listening to):
2. And the best sound effects.
Skip to 1:30 to hear THE MOST FRUSTRATING SOUND EVER, UGH.
3. All of your Sims ended up looking the same because there were three skin colors and a couple of faces, hairstyles, and outfits.
This outfit was probably the weirdest.
4. This thing was the bane of your existence:
Especially when one dirty plate would deplete your Sim’s Room level and literally ruin his life.
6. And if you didn’t intervene in your Sim’s terrible life decisions, things got serious.
7. This was a familiar scene:
And then you went to college and lived it yourself.
8. You may or may not have panicked every time a burglar came to your Sim’s house.
11. Like the pet guinea pig that was actually a demon waiting to kill your Sim:
13. Also, this was how your Sims decided to have a baby (but only after awkwardly kissing several times in a row):
14. Then a crib appeared and you had to feed and play with the baby a billion times in a row to get it to stop crying.
But you didn’t have to change its diaper. (??)
15. You know how your Sim would ABSOLUTELY FREAK OUT when you woke her up early? It was sooo annoying, but now that you’re an adult you totally get it.
17. But you’ll never understand why Sims were so logistically challenged.
18. Or why they did things like converse while eating dinner standing up and not facing each other:
19. Or why they started fires every time they cooked and STOOD IN THE FIRE INSTEAD OF RUNNING AWAY.
20. Remember those snarky responses when your Sim asked other Sims to hang out?
22. And the Goth family always got up in your family’s business because they seriously rang your doorbell every day.
23. All of that socializing led you to memorize every Simlish conversation ever.
“Dis grarrl es FRENCHEK.”
- An assailant shot two people at Texas Southern University. One person has died, and a suspect has been detained. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›
- The National Dialogue Quartet in Tunisia won the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize for its role in building a democracy there. ›