1. Your Bible cover expressed the level of coolness you had achieved.
3. You never got to watch The Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday nights because you had church.
5. The live singing songbook didn’t seem so creepy when you were younger.
Check out a video here of just how sketchy he looked.
6. Trying not to laugh when a soloist got up and couldn’t sing.
7. You can tell someone about your faith using jelly beans or beaded bracelets.
8. Receiving this was the Christian version of a Bar/Bat Mitzvah!
9. “Don’t run in church” became the unofficial 11th commandment.
12. Life was beautiful when you got to watch Superbook, McGee and Me or VeggieTales in Sunday School!
13. There was a copy of “Footprints” in every home you visited.
14. Everyone saying church sandwiches were the worst but you secretly looked forward to them every time.
15. Flannelgraph’s biggest market was Sunday School classrooms.
17. You dreamt of playing a big part in the Christmas play instead of the fifteenth sheep.
18. Audio Adrenaline, Newsboys, Jars of Clay and DC Talk were THE bands to listen to.
19. Trying to get to the restaurant before other churches did.
20. Campfires weren’t for roasting marshmallows, they were for singing.
21. That terrifying moment you’re falling asleep during the sermon and the pastor all of a sudden yells.
- A Kentucky clerk is defying the Supreme Court by refusing to issue marriage licenses. Her policy comes from her religious opposition to same-sex marriage. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- McDonald's all-day breakfast is happening: It's coming to the U.S. on Oct. 6. The company started testing it this year 🍳 ›