2. This typesetting
4. Medley of “attitude” fonts
5. Violating the Swiss Grid
6. Big Red Text on movie posters
7. The “I just learned Adobe Illustrator” look
8. The “funkiest bistro in Connecticut” look
9. Soothing corporate gradients
They don’t work on anything other than electronics ads, airline TV, and business hotel pamphlets. Putting this on a website is the easiest way to make it look like a B-rate scam site.
10. Deviant Art cybergoth circa 2002
11. Photo-manipulated selfies
Another great cliche of the early 2000s rave/EDM imagery.
12. Way too twee
Overkilled in 2007.
14. When clients suggest this
15. And other dumb client instructions…
16. The Pen Tool in Photoshop
Yes, internet, a shameful admission: I suck at this thing.