1. Last night, Orphan Black introduced its first transgender character – a new clone named Tony.
The idea to introduce a trans character was a move the show’s creators had been planning since the end of the first season.
2. From fans, there was much excitement and disbelief, and losing of one’s shit:
6. There were questions: WHO is this new clone?
7. What we know:
9. 2. He has a major attitude.
11. It wasn’t just the introduction of a trans character that had people talking, but the manner in which the show handled the introduction:
13. For some fans, the episode’s content really hit home.
16. But mostly, there was appreciation for Tony’s face.
18. There is already fan art dedicated to this face – it hasn’t even been 24 hours people!
+body and stuff.
- In a landmark prison reform decision, California has agreed to a settlement that will effectively end indefinite solitary confinement in the state. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- Missouri executed Roderick Nunley Tuesday night for a 1989 rape and murder. It was the state's sixth execution this year, and the nation's 20th. ›