1. Last night during the 56th Annual Grammy Awards, 34 couples were married by Queen Latifah during Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’ performance – Madonna performed as well.
The weddings, which included same-sex couples, occurred during the pair’s LGBT anthem “Same Love.”
3. After it was cleared up that Queen Latifah was indeed ordained, emotions quickly took over.
11. So many #emotions, #feels, #tears.
15. BOOM! Love and equality – everyone is happy right?
16. Well… some people weren’t quite so moved, feeling the mass wedding was overly gimmicky.
19. Instead of tears, there were cringes-a-plenty.
23. Conservatives, including Fox News commentator Todd Starnes, saw the display as a direct attack on marriage.
28. A few people went into the performance bent on disliking it, but the feelings proved too strong.
30. So, was the wedding horrible or was everything else except the wedding horrible?
31. Even if people were unclear on their feelings, everyone agreed on one thing:
32. What do you think?
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders clashed on immigration, Obama, and Kissinger (!) in Thursday's Democratic debate. We have a recap for you 🇺🇸
- NYPD Officer Peter Liang was found guilty of manslaughter in the 2014 shooting of Akai Gurley, an unarmed black man.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.