1. Eric Jones, an Eagle Scout and camp counselor for the Boy Scouts in Missouri, came out to his camp director last July. He was fired on the spot.
2. Eric told The NY Daily News at the time:
“I’d been working on coming out, I thought it was time to have my life of scouting and my other life come together […] He said I was deserving to be there, but he had to follow the policy of BSA.”
3. Jones’ conversation with the camp director was filmed by Ryan James Yezak:
4. In the video you hear the Boy Scout Official Say:
“I understand, and quite honestly your lifestyle is your lifestyle. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the way I look at an individual or the way I judge them. However, by telling me what you just told me, it automatically takes you out of the program. I wish you hadn’t done that.”
6. Eric was trying to set a good example for other scouts, as he told FOX4KC:
7. The filmed segment will appear in Ryan’s work-in-progress documentary Second Class Citizen.
8. The Boy Scouts of America will be voting today on a proposal to lift the ban on gay scouts..
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who has faced political fallout from the "Bridgegate" scandal, is running for president. He's the 14th Republican in the race.
- And Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck have decided to divorce after 10 years of marriage. ?