1. James Dale, the plaintiff in Dale vs. Boy Scouts of America in 2000, has released a video for GLAAD urging people to speak out against the Boy Scouts’ ban on gay scouts and leaders:
2. He touches upon his experience being expelled from the Boy Scouts as well as the Supreme Court case in which he lost by one vote.
Dale adds, “I think that I pretty much continue to win in the court of public opinion.”
4. Members of the Boy Scouts’ National Council are meeting in Dallas this week to vote on a resolution that could end the Boy Scouts’ long-standing ban on gay members.
GLAAD staff are on the ground in Texas today and are hosting a live blog with pictures, video, and updates from the vote.
6. Watch full video:
- The U.S. will face Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.