1. James Dale, the plaintiff in Dale vs. Boy Scouts of America in 2000, has released a video for GLAAD urging people to speak out against the Boy Scouts’ ban on gay scouts and leaders:
2. He touches upon his experience being expelled from the Boy Scouts as well as the Supreme Court case in which he lost by one vote.
Dale adds, “I think that I pretty much continue to win in the court of public opinion.”
4. Members of the Boy Scouts’ National Council are meeting in Dallas this week to vote on a resolution that could end the Boy Scouts’ long-standing ban on gay members.
GLAAD staff are on the ground in Texas today and are hosting a live blog with pictures, video, and updates from the vote.
6. Watch full video:
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.