I attended the public opening reception to – honestly – try and see him in person. I did not. I did, however, hear a lot of things.
1. “This would only be reasonable if they were giving out free pizza.”
There was no pizza, just endless twenty-somethings dressed in all black.
2. “Holy shit,” said pretty much everyone approaching the mile-long line outside.
3. “This is so depressing.”
4. “Take a picture?”
Said literally everyone while imitating Franco’s poses.
6. “It will honestly be the best selfie of my night,” said someone looking for James Franco.
7. “Just live your life, don’t worry about what someone’s doing on their phone.”
When you get free wine, things can get pretty philosophical.
8. “Wait – okay turn to me, like you’re talking to me.”
*click* Nailed it.
10. “I don’t mind it… but I don’t like it.”
I then realized these individuals were not discussing Franco’s work.
11. “It would be such a fun Instagram pic!”
12. “Wow, I look so tan next to him.”
13. “Did you take it!? Is it good!? Take one more,” some woman holding one of the photographs hostage.
16. “So…selfie and leave?”
17. “Are those models? Those girls look like models.”
19. “There’s so much going on… but it’s just him. I’m like actually having an epiphany.”
This girl was actually having an epiphany.
20. “They have super thick glass, have you noticed? I noticed.”
21. “I just love him so much.”
23. *Laughter* – Some guy just pointing and laughing at a piece.
24. “He’s probably inside.”
25. “Is he here?”
- Voting is underway in New Hampshire, the second nominating contest of the U.S. 2016 presidential election 🇺🇸
- At least 9 people are dead and 150 others injured after two trains collided in Bavaria, Germany, local police say.
- The Pentagon has confirmed that North Korea successfully launched a satellite into orbit on Sunday night.