When I left my university to intern with BuzzFeed, I made one very big mistake. I forgot to lock my university room.
It didn’t take long for me to receive this text message:
I was expecting trouble.
1. When I walked into my room, this is what I saw.
2. 400 balloons.
3. Two signs from various estate agents.
4. And two garden chairs.
5. As I popped the balloons, the floor started to become visible. 52 empty bottles and cans of beer, anyone?
6. The odd box of San Miguel also joined the party.
7. I was even left some pretty solid advice on a post-it.
8. A cone appeared from somewhere, too.
9. Fortunately, while popping the balloons, I noticed a couple (well, exactly eleven) looked slightly different.
The water balloons did not pop in my room and were instead used for a water fight not long afterwards.
10. In all, though, my friends were a bit tame. I could have instead come back to a massive pile of paper.
- [Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- [Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, 24, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/black-man-held-for-months-for-stealing-5-worth-of-snacks-fou)
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of felony sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›