1. Meet Bryan Silva, a 23-year-old Vine superstar who has nearly half a million followers. His catchphrase is a fake gun noise, “gratata”.
2. For some reason a lot of people really seem to love this “gratata” thing.
3. Inspired by Silva, a bunch of people have incorporated the noise into their own videos. Like these guys:
6. Silva considers himself a bodybuilder and an aspiring rapper. Which he might use to justify his offensive use of the n-word alongside a lot of sexually explicit language.
8. Silva was previously imprisoned for three years after being convicted for breaking and entering and attacking his school principal, he said in an interview with Complex magazine.
9. He said that alongside hard work, he’s famous because he also has a name that “literally gets stuck inside your head.”
He said: “My name, Bryan Silva, when you say it it’s one of those names that literally gets stuck inside your head to where you don’t forget it. On top of that, my body, my face, everything I do, my personality, how I put myself out there, all that. It all stands out to everyone else. What got me on WorldStar was my one flexing video.”
11. The satirical news website Huzlers reported last month that Silva had been murdered as punishment for his offensive language, which sparked a series of tweets using the hashtag #RIPBryanSilva.
15. But this was, of course, a hoax and he has posted on Vine many times since. Which means you can expect plenty more of this.
- At least 86 people were killed in twin bomb blasts during a peace rally near the main train station in Turkey's capital. ›
- Elections on Sunday are widely expected to hand Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko a fifth term since 1994. ›