1. This is Chris ‘Brolga’ Barnes (right).
2. He has spent nine years building a sanctuary for orphaned kangaroos, living much of the time in a tin shack with no power or toilet.
3. After finding a dead kangaroo with a live baby in its pouch by the side of the road in 2005, Barnes devoted his life to saving orphaned joeys.
4. He quit his job and opened a kangaroo rescue service in and around Alice Springs in the Northern Territory.
5. He has spent thousands of hours scouring the deserts of Australia’s Red Centre rescuing precious orphaned cargo.
6. Kangaroo joeys need to feel cosy, warm and loved.
7. Luckily for the orphaned joeys of Oz, Brolga is basically the best surrogate mother on the planet!!!
8. He is what is known in Australia as a DEAD SET TRUE BLUE AUSSIE LEGEND!
9. Barnes, who is TWO METRES TALL (6ft 7in), is nicknamed Brolga after the Aboriginal word for the Australian Crane (Grus rubicunda) – a mighty bird known for its amazing mating dance.
BuzzFeed stupidly did not ask Barnes about his skills on the dancefloor.