1. When this was the tallest thing in Paris.
2. When Liberty was in pieces.
3. When the Flatiron was still for rent.
4. When the automobile economy looked so different.
5. When NYC looked like this.
6. When roller skates were the hot new thing.
8. When it actually happened.
9. When Machu Picchu was first photographed.
10. When the Titanic set sail.
11. And then this story broke.
13. When these guys unveiled their first motorbike.
14. When Gaudi’s masterpiece was surrounded by goats.
15. When the first selfie was snapped.
16. When swimsuit length was carefully controlled.
17. When King Tut still lay sleeping.
19. When this new vantage point opened.
20. When people queued for Capone’s coffee.
21. When woman were thirsty.
22. When Lake Mead wasn’t a lake yet.
23. When the Golden Gate looked like this.
24. When the Hindenburg exploded.
25. When playtime was reduced to this.
26. When people sold their babies.
28. When the Hollywood sign still looked like this.
29. When The Grinch was born.
30. When MLK was arrested.
32. When airline meals were extravaganzas.
33. When remote controls were cutting-edge.
34. When Nov. 22, 1963, was still a happy day.
35. When Brandon started kung fu fighting.
36. When we saw how alone we are.
38. When a few people got together to party.
39. When the Beatles crossed the road.
40. When the Jacksons were a happy family.
41. When Big Macs cost 65 cents.
42. When John turned around and said, “Oh, hello Paul” for the last time.
43. When Steven met Bruce.
44. When the president showed how it’s done.
46. When the Brat Pack was young.
47. When they kissed in Dirty Dancing.
48. When Jay Z went on vacation.
Here Are The Top Stories
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Cuba later this summer for the opening of a U.S. embassy there.
- Nicholas Winton, who saved more than 650 Jewish children from the Holocaust, died at 106.
- The fire at a South Carolina black church late Tuesday night wasn't arson, according to a preliminary investigation.