2. And outback Australia is packed with awe-inspiring sights – like the towering rock walls of Trephina Gorge in the East MacDonnell Ranges. Photo: @ozyroadtripper.
8. SRSLY?!!! No light pollution in the Tanami Desert. Photo: @taste_for_travel.
9. The landscape itself is a work of art. Photo: @chrisdalton.
10. The Barkly Tablelands, world’s most spectacular cattle country. Photo: @paularnoldphotography.
12. Henley on Todd Regatta, Alice Springs: no water, no worries! Photo: @hm_weir.
18. Standley Chasm, West MacDonnell Ranges. Photo: @maffimo.
22. The Rock? Nope, this is (the also stunning) Mount Conner.
27. Don’t forget Kata Tjuta aka The Olgas. Photo: @cathnemo.
Simon Crerar is founding editor of BuzzFeed Australia and is based in Sydney.
In The News Today