1. A Russian pitch invader tried to gatecrash the biggest sporting show on the planet on Sunday evening.
Dylan Martinez / Reuters
2. The live broadcast cut away…
4. LeBron seemed pretty impressed: “Hahaha!! We’re going streaking! Everyone’s doing it. Man that was hilarious. #WorldCupFinal #Brazil”
5. German defender Benedikt Höwedes less so, after the self-styled “Natural Born Prankster” attempted to kiss him.
Julian Finney / Getty Images
6. The pitch invader is Russian comedian/joker Vitaly Zdorovetskiy, who has six million YouTube subscribers.
7. He had heavily trailed his appearance on Twitter.
9. Other football fans less so…
10. Attempted gatecrash of biggest television event in history = FAIL.
Here Are The Top Stories
- President Obama has announced a new rule that would expand eligibility for overtime pay to millions more Americans.
- An order from the U.S. Supreme Court means Texas abortion clinics affected by a new state law can stay open while the law is challenged.
- Transgender women can be housed in women's immigrant detention facilities under new guidelines issued today.