1. A Russian pitch invader tried to gatecrash the biggest sporting show on the planet on Sunday evening.
Dylan Martinez / Reuters
2. The live broadcast cut away…
4. LeBron seemed pretty impressed: “Hahaha!! We’re going streaking! Everyone’s doing it. Man that was hilarious. #WorldCupFinal #Brazil”
5. German defender Benedikt Höwedes less so, after the self-styled “Natural Born Prankster” attempted to kiss him.
Julian Finney / Getty Images
6. The pitch invader is Russian comedian/joker Vitaly Zdorovetskiy, who has six million YouTube subscribers.
7. He had heavily trailed his appearance on Twitter.
9. Other football fans less so…
10. Attempted gatecrash of biggest television event in history = FAIL.
In The News Today
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan called the hospital bombing that killed 22 people "a mistake." ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- In a Vanity Fair interview, Rihanna said Rachel Dolezal, who identifies as black even as her parents insist she was born white, "was a bit of a hero." ›