1. TV star and former model Charlotte Dawson has been found dead at her Woolloomooloo apartment.
2. The New Zealand-born celebrity, 47, had a history of depression and had been admitted to hospital in 2012 after vicious social media attacks following her criticism of cyber bullying by Twitter trolls.
Dawson arriving at the Australia’s Next Top Model Finale in Sydney, September 2013.
3. Her close friend and fellow Australia’s Next Top Model judge Alex Perry led the tributes.
“WE LOST A BEAUTIFUL, BRIGHT, SHINING GIRL TODAY… REST IN PEACE MY SWEETHEART…I LOVE YOU. X”
4. Friends in Australia and around the world took to social media to express their grief.
“Words just seem insufficient right now and can’t come close to expressing just how much you will be missed Charlotte.. You were a fantastic woman, friend and work colleague who always knew how to make people laugh and you gave the best advice. You’ve left us far too soon, but I pray now that you’ve found peace and are at rest - Love Megan xxxx”
“I wish you knew how much you were loved.. I love and miss you forever… I can’t believe this.., RIP”
21. New Zealand Prime Minister John Key tweeted a tribute.
22. Another close friend, news.com.au Editor-at-Large Melissa Hoyer remembered a happier moment.
“Charlotte Dawson - really remember how happy & relaxed she was here. 18 months ago. & the picture shows.”
23. Hoyer left a beautiful tribute on Twitter.
24. Many were quick to link Dawson’s death to the abuse she had suffered at the hands of anonymous Twitter trolls.
30. For 24/7 crisis support & suicide prevention services call Lifeline on 13 11 14.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›