1. Two water buffalos have stopped traffic on one of Sydney’s busiest streets.
April Felman / Via Twitter: @a_felman
2. They weren’t stopping at red lights.
3. Local radio were on the story quickly.
5. Newtown residents were pretty blasé.
6. But the media went into overdrive.
7. Within minutes the news was trending.
8. First just in Sydney, then across the nation.
9. Buffalo spotter April Felman heard a rumour the runaways had escaped from a film set.
10. Surprisingly, it wasn’t the first time something like this had happened.
11. Almost a regular occurrence.
12. Some people worried how best to share the news.
13. Others thought it might be a stunt.
14. Soon the buffalo had a Twitter account.
15. And were taking part in the latest internet crazes.
16. Eventually, puffed out, they stopped for a rest.
17. Making a great excuse for anyone skipping work.
18. Eventually the buffalo were cornered.
19. Firefighters considered their next move carefully.
21. And decided the best thing to do was send in a man in a cowboy hat.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Polls have officially closed in the Greek referendum. The country is deciding whether to accept sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds.
- The U.S. will face Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.