1. It’s been 140 days since the last episode of Ja’mie: Private School Girl. TOO PUCKING LONG without Chris Lilley on our screens.
2. So THANK PUCK, the wait is over.
3. Today, we can EXCLUSIVELY reveal that Jonah/Chris Lilley superfans will be able to watch the whole of Jonah From Tonga online, before it hits TV screens.
5. That’s right, for the first time EVER in Australia, an entire series is being released in one drop.
6. That’s right. Just like House of Cards.
7. Speaking exclusively to BuzzFeed Australia, Chris Lilley said: “It’s a really addictive show, so giving people the chance to watch the whole thing all at once is really exciting for me.”
8. Every pucking episode of the six-part series will premiere in an unmissable ABC iview binge, from 6 p.m. Friday May 2 until 6 p.m. Sunday May 4.
9. “Once you see what Jonah gets up to in the first episode you’re not gonna wanna wait another week,” promised Lilley.
10. “The binge-viewing idea is an exciting first for Australian programming,” said Princess Pictures’ Laura Waters, who co-produced the series, set at the fictitious Holy Cross High, western Sydney.
“Jonah From Tonga is a thrilling series, coming out in the most thrilling era of television.
“Chris and I will always put the fan’s experience first. We’re so excited that people can choose their own way of getting involved with Jonah.” she said.
11. “ABC iview was the first in the Australian market with an online streaming catch-up service and we continue to deliver ‘firsts’ five years on,” said Arul Baskaran, ABC head of Online and Multiplatform.
“We’re firm believers in innovation and improving how technology can deliver outstanding Australian content to audiences no matter where they’re watching, and we’re thrilled to now offer binge-viewing of a highly anticipated show from one of Australia’s most respected comedic talents.” he added.