1. Australian artist Fintan Magee works at a mind-blowing scale.
3. Magee started writing graffiti in 1998 when he was at high school in Brisbane.
4. He grew up in West End, where graffiti was a big part of the urban landscape.
5. Working in Brisbane wasn’t without its difficulties however.
6. “Brisbane is a culturally retarded ultra-conservative backwater with a borderline Draconian State and city government that is against anything interesting or out of the box,” says Magee.
7. “In short it’s the worst city in the western world to be a creative freethinking person, fuck Brisbane.”
8. Magee burst into the public consciousness with a work showing skydiver Felix Baumgartner titled Felix Backstroke.
9. Magee has recently spent time in South America: “it was all pretty unofficial and we didn’t even have permission for most of the walls but everything came together.”
The Artifact, Bogota, Colombia