1. At least one of your parents worked downtown
2. They probably worked for the Big 3 in some form or another
3. But you acutally lived here
where it actually was relatively safe.
4. You may have referenced 8 mile to describe where you grew up to out of towners.
For example: “You Know 8 mile? Well I grew up on 21 mile and it is nothing like the movie!”
5. You knew all the rich people lived here
6. And all the cool people live or hang out here
7. or here
8. You know there are two season in Michigan: winter and construction
9. and It always took at least an hour to get downtown
Combination of commuters and construction
10. When you were 12 this made you giggle
11. You would claim to know how to naviagte downtown and that it really wasn’t “that bad”
12. But in actuality, you have only been downtown for a few concerts or sporting events
13. Speaking of which, we still love the Lions despite their stats
15. You knew that the Detroit Zoo was best zoo ever!
And you tried to visit at least once every summer
16. And the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfeild Village were cool too
17. You had at least one science feild trip here
Cranbrook Museum of Science
18. And you prayed for a feild trip here to see the nudes
Detroit Institute of Arts
19. If you liked pop music you listened to:
and even if you didn’t like pop music, you would still tune in for their awesome morning show: Mojo in the Morning
20. If you like rock music you listened to this:
Even though it was technically a Canadian station.
21. In high school, you were a mall rat because there was nothing better to do.
22. or maybe if you were lucky there was a Metropark nearby
Stony Creek Metropark is my personal favorite
23. But you often ended up just going to the movies or bowling
24. BTW, Canada does not count as a Country
You probably went to Windsor to party as soon as you turned 19.
Fun fact: the city of Windsor is south of Detroit.
25. You vacationed up north
You have been to Mackinaw at least 3 times
26. Maybe you even went hunting
27. But Despite all of Detroit’s hardships
30. You are still proud to call Detroit home!
even though, it wasn’t even your home….
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates are debating in New Hampshire, ahead of Tuesday's primary and the gloves are off 🇺🇸
- Twitter's CEO responded to backlash over reports that Twitter would move to an algorithmic feed, insisting that the product would remain real-time.
- Deep breaths: Beyoncé dropped a new song and video called "Formation." She's performing at the Super Bowl on Sunday 👑🐝