1. To the Nick Offermans,
2. And Ryan Goslings of the world.
4. We get it: Facial hair is SO IN right now.
You can get away with just about anything these days, as long as it’s bushy and on your face.
But growing a beard is hard, and downright impossible for some of us.
Sidney Crosby’s 8-week-old 2009 NHL playoff beard.
And on top of bad genetics, we’ve got Beard Anxiety.
From an early age, we’re presented with well-bearded role models.
7. Men with legacies to aspire to and majestic facial hair to emulate.
8. Truly great men.
9. We spent our childhoods eagerly anticipating the day our faces would sprout lush, robust beards.
We played dress up, hoping that we wouldn’t be one of the genetically unfortunate when the time came.
10. One of our friends ALWAYS started growing a mustache unnaturally early.
We wanted to sport a kick-ass goatee, or mustache, or ANYTHING, but couldn’t.
11. When we hit our early 20s, we had waited long enough. Scruffy patchwork or not, we would HAVE. OUR. BEARDS.
But as we got older, we realized that not all great men have to have epic beards.
The President has even admitted that he can’t grow a decent beard or mustache.
12. Even some actors known for their tasteful stubble often go clean-shaven.
And we’ve seen some goatees go VERY wrong…
…as well as a mustache that should never have happened.
14. Men like this have been lusted after for decades:
17. So enjoy your moment in the sun while it lasts, bearded guys.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- Record-breaking freediver, Natalia Molchanova, is feared dead after having disappeared while diving off the coast of Spain on Sunday.
- Super Typhoon Soudelor, the strongest storm of 2015 so far, is threatening parts of Asia after hitting the Pacific island Saipan.