1. To the Nick Offermans,
2. And Ryan Goslings of the world.
4. We get it: Facial hair is SO IN right now.
You can get away with just about anything these days, as long as it’s bushy and on your face.
We all want to participate, but some of us just… can’t.
Hard, and against all better judgement, we try.
But no matter what we do, we eventually have to accept reality.
But growing a beard is hard, and downright impossible for some of us.
Sidney Crosby’s 8-week-old 2009 NHL playoff beard.
And on top of bad genetics, we’ve got Beard Anxiety.
From an early age, we’re presented with well-bearded role models.
7. Men with legacies to aspire to and majestic facial hair to emulate.
8. Truly great men.
9. We spent our childhoods eagerly anticipating the day our faces would sprout lush, robust beards.
We played dress up, hoping that we wouldn’t be one of the genetically unfortunate when the time came.
10. One of our friends ALWAYS started growing a mustache unnaturally early.
And a kick-ass goatee made ANYTHING work at prom.
We wanted to sport a kick-ass goatee, or mustache, or ANYTHING, but couldn’t.
11. When we hit our early 20s, we had waited long enough. Scruffy patchwork or not, we would HAVE. OUR. BEARDS.
But as we got older, we realized that not all great men have to have epic beards.
The President has even admitted that he can’t grow a decent beard or mustache.
12. Even some actors known for their tasteful stubble often go clean-shaven.
And we’ve seen some goatees go VERY wrong…
…as well as a mustache that should never have happened.
13. And while we may lack the… “ruggedness” of this man:
14. Men like this have been lusted after for decades:
17. So enjoy your moment in the sun while it lasts, bearded guys.
18. Because when the sun sets on your hairy heyday…
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. Here's what you need to know. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›