1. If you need another reason to love Yorkshire, let this be it.
From left to right, that’s Geoffrey Boycott (the Yorkshire and England cricketer), Jeremy Clarkson (the Top Gear presenter, loved by some but an incredible annoyance to others), and Brian Blessed (a national treasure and literally the world’s loudest man).
You can find the maze and try it out for yourself just off the A64 near York.
2. The detail is rather amazing.
The maze is made out of maize and was created by Tom Pearcy, a local farmer. And why is the maze made out of maize? Well, when the cows run out of grass in the winter months, the maize is used to feed the cows. During summer, when the maize grows, a new design is mowed and a new maze is opened for the public.
3. Here’s a couple of mazes from years past.
From left to right: a dalek, Daniel Radcliffe (aka Harry Potter), and Matt Smith (from Doctor Who).
4. And as you can tell, Brian Blessed is delighted.
At least, I think that is Brian Blessed being delighted.
- Greece appears to have voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The U.S. will face Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.