1. Lizzie Yarnold won gold in the Women’s Skeleton last Sunday. It was the tenth gold Great Britain has ever achieved at the Winter Olympics.
Her win then prompted a 23,000 strong petition to have her own gold postbox in her hometown of West Kingsdown, in Kent.
2. You know… all gold medallists got one painted by the Royal Mail during London 2012.
Well, some people couldn’t wait for Royal Mail to respond to the petition. They decided to do it themselves.
3. It’s not the best paint job to the honest.
4. I mean look, entire PATCHES of it are still red.
5. Unless the vandals followed the “you should do a first coat, let it dry and then come back and do the second coat” thing. Like when you paint your hallway.
VANDALS: PLEASE DON’T DO THIS FOR A LIVING.
- Joyce Mitchell, the prison worker who was accused of helping inmates Richard Matt and David Sweat escape from a New York prison, pleaded guilty and faces up to seven years in prison.