1. Lizzie Yarnold won gold in the Women’s Skeleton last Sunday. It was the tenth gold Great Britain has ever achieved at the Winter Olympics.
Her win then prompted a 23,000 strong petition to have her own gold postbox in her hometown of West Kingsdown, in Kent.
2. You know… all gold medallists got one painted by the Royal Mail during London 2012.
Well, some people couldn’t wait for Royal Mail to respond to the petition. They decided to do it themselves.
3. It’s not the best paint job to the honest.
4. I mean look, entire PATCHES of it are still red.
5. Unless the vandals followed the “you should do a first coat, let it dry and then come back and do the second coat” thing. Like when you paint your hallway.
VANDALS: PLEASE DON’T DO THIS FOR A LIVING.
- With head clerk Kim Davis jailed, Rowan County issued several marriage licenses to same-sex couples today. ›
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria. ›
- A drowned Syrian boy, whose picture caused outrage around the world, has been buried together with his mother and 5-year-old brother. ›