1. So there was this show on British TV last night.
That’s right. musical wedding to celebrate the fact that same-sex couples in England and Wales can now get married.
2. A musical wedding may sound a bit much.
3. But trust me… the musical is so much more meaningful and emotional than you first expected.
4. The service started with words from Stephen Fry: “Dearly beloved. We are gathered here today to witness something so extraordinary in this time…”
5. We were then introduced to the happy couple.
6. The attendees of the wedding started singing.
Outside the historic Alexandra Palace in London.
7. They sang quite catchy lyrics.
You also heard “it’s gayer than glee” and “it’s camper than a chiffron Christmas tree.”
8. Even Newsreader Jon Snow (not to be confused with THE Game of Thrones’ Jon Snow) sang about it.
So you’re thinking okay, this is all a bit of a laugh and rather pointless.
9. But then they started to walk down the aisle.
10. And looked at each other with pride.
And you start to think “Oh my god. This is an actual wedding. An actual wedding.”
11. A TELEVISED SAME-SEX WEDDING.
12. Politicians sent in their congratulations.
David Cameron didn’t send in a message but Nick Clegg and Ed Miliband did.
Oh by the way, they spoke their congratulations. They didn’t sing it :(
13. Andy Bell from Erasure performed “A little respect”.
14. And key moments in LGBT history were shown.
Leading you to really consider how far LGBT rights have come in a short space of time.
15. And then, out of nowhere, the mothers of both grooms sang about how they’ve come to terms with both of their sons coming out.
18. Benjamin and Nathan *sang* their vows.
19. And properly started to cry and everything.
You didn’t really care about the musical element of it anymore.