2. Speaking at the Fox Comedy panel at the Television Critics Association summer press tour yesterday, Al Jean — writer and producer for The Simpsons — was asked about the crossover episode.
His answer: “We are definitely doing one. We recorded it with the full Futurama cast. It’s going to air in November. And then our premiere on September 28 features the episode where we kill off a character, which turned into a much bigger deal than we expected. So I hope you know it’s not going to be this bloodbath where they all just, like, get murdered.”
4. And which Simpsons character will die? Well many fingers are currently pointing at Krusty the Clown.
Why? Well, the actor who plays the doomed character “won an Emmy for that portrayal,” Jean said, “and it doesn’t mean you couldn’t see the flashback with the character in a future episode or a ghost or… It’s a very easy mystery, and if I gave one more away, then it’s over. The title of the episode is ‘Clown in the Dumps.’”
6. And the other big question you probably have right now… When The Simpsons will end?
It’s still unclear. “The ratings are still good,” Jean said. “The show, we still enjoy doing it very much. The cast is still on board. So I don’t know. I don’t know when it will end.”
- U.S. presidential candidates are making their final pitches before the New Hampshire Primary, the second voting contest of the nominating season 🇺🇸
- The Pentagon has confirmed that North Korea successfully launched a satellite into orbit on Sunday night.
- President Obama asked Congress for $1.8 billion to fight the spread of the Zika virus across the Americas.