Not quite sure @waitrose have the right idea about "essentials"...
1. So there is new page on Facebook.
And it has received more than 122,000 likes in only a few days.
Why is it so immensely popular? Because the ‘so-called overheard quotes’ on this page sum up the supermarket and the incredibly posh people who shop there.
2. There’s the people who buy posh items for their dog.
3. And sound incredibly smug.
4. Especially when they purchase ‘essential’ items.
5. (Seriously, these items really aren’t essential).
6. And of course, there are the children who come with them.
7. And say incredibly posh things.
8. Incredibly incredibly INCREDIBLY posh things.
9. Edward Preston Bell, who created the page, says that the posts were either “either actually heard in Waitrose or things I hear around Tunbridge Wells.”
In an email Edward told BuzzFeed: “The idea came about when my girlfriend, Kirsty, said something to her brother about the parmesan grater over supper. It struck me as exactly the kind of thing you might hear in Waitrose and so the next day I made the page for satirical posts to do with middle class shoppers.”