1. This 5-month-old boy in China has grown a tail.
Nuo Nuo, from Changsa, China, has spina bifida, a developmental disorder that leaves a gap in the spine. In some cases this can lead to the spinal cord or other membranes to push through the back of the body.
A growth at the bottom part of the spine was noticed by the baby’s mother just days after the baby was born. In just five months the growth has now increased to more than 5 centimetres long.
Spina bifida is one of the most common birth defects, with a worldwide incidence of about 1 in every 1,000 births. However, such a growth is considered to be very rare.
2. The hospital is now planning to remove the growth from the baby.
- The U.S. Democratic presidential candidates are having their first debate of the 2016 election cycle ?? ›
- Marlon James has won the Man Booker Prize for his Bob Marley-inspired "A Brief History of Seven Killings." It's the first win for a Jamaican ? ›
- The Chicago Cubs have defeated the St. Louis Cardinals to advance to the National League Championship Series ⚾️ ›