1. The West Wing DVD boxset costs next to nothing these days. You can also catch it on-demand.
2. At the end of every episode you’re struggling not to shout out “JUST. ONE. MORE. EPISODE.”
That diabolically insane happy credit music? YOU. LOVE. IT.
3. Finished them all? You watch them all again.
Decided to start watching The West Wing again. 4th time around. Still the best show ever!
I think it may be time to start re-watching The West Wing from series one. There is literally nothing on TV.
5. And those titles! How wonderful those titles were.
You love the little tweaks at the start of every season as well.
6. IT ALSO HAD EPISODE TITLES LIKE THIS…
7. Why else are we still watching? Well look no further than walking and talking.
8. Nobody on television these days has the same chemistry as these two had back then.
Josh all the time: “DONNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.”
9. No other show has exchanges like this either.
R.I.P Dolores Landringham. You were just the best.
10. And then there’s the power of POTUS.
11. Leo’s words of wisdom were pretty special too.
We ALL want to be Leo when we’re older, right?
13. She had a special way of dealing with people.
14. She even makes falling into a swimming pool cool.
Toby directly after: “You fell into the swimming pool there.”
15. Sam isn’t cool (but he’s still amazing). For example, look at his moves during C.J’s ‘The Jackall’.
16. You know never to mess with Toby.
Toby’s catchphrase: “Yeah.”
17. Dr. Bartlet was also very straight to the point.
18. President Bartlet was generally brilliant (and of course has an excellent way to put on his coat).
His relationship with Charlie too? BRILLIANT.
19. Sadly The West Wing has dated a little. For example, this ‘Don’t Ask Don’t Tell’ doesn’t really apply to current US politics.
Don’t worry. THIS IS A GOOD THING.
20. You find all the old computers a bit odd.
21. Charlie’s tech knowledge is outdated.
22. And Margaret’s email problems are outdated.
23. Don’t forget Josh’s obsession back then with his fan website, the infamous “LemonLyman.com”
Surely Josh would be more concerned about his fanbase on Twitter?
24. You don’t care though. You don’t even care about The West Wing being all overly optimistic from time to time.
25. Then there’s ‘Two Cathedrals’ of course.
The greatest end to any television episode ever, not just because it is accompanied with the song “Brothers In Arms” by Dire Straits.
26. And of course ‘Peter’s Projection Map’.
God bless Leo’s ‘Big Block of Cheese Day’.