I have now watched two hours of Mandela footage and tributes, but I won't know what I really think til I've seen what they say on Gogglebox.
So there’s this show called…
… which has come from nowhere to become the biggest thing ever. The show just consists of people up and down the country watching and reviewing television programmes from their own sofa.
But why is it just so good?
1. They always sit on the same space on the sofa.
And when I mean each and every week I MEAN EACH AND EVERY WEEK.
2. Then there’s the posh couple, who always do this.
3. They seem to drink quite a bit of booze.
7. Don’t forget that it’s narrated by Craig Cash.
You know, that guy from The Royle Family! This means that a man from a show that is known for reviewing other shows, is now narrating a show where people watch other shows. SO META.
8. Gogglebox is also brilliant because of the random things the viewers say. Like this during Doctor Who.
9. And incredibly inappropriate things as well. Leon once said this to June at the end of a Star Wars film.
10. And then there are these guys, who come out with inspiring responses to ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING. Take this John Lewis advert for example.
11. They can also be harsh. This is what they said about Reggie Yates whilst watching a gameshow on ITV2.
14. On Tess Daly (while watching Children in Need):
15. And sometimes they come out with something utterly baffling, like this exchange during a documentary about nightclub bouncers.
16. And they say stupid things too, like this girl’s suggestion of what a UFO could be, during an episode of Shaun Ryder on UFOs
18. You literally can’t live without them.
19. You even love this sticker on the TV screen.
You can make the word “shits” or “piss” with those letters by the way.