Yes we know that Skins ended recently and that the last ever episodes were really rather good.
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah we know.
But whenever I think about my all time favourite television shows, Skins always comes up top. But only the ‘first generation’ episodes. Why?
2. Every character was so well written. You still know all their names by heart.
3. The third generation? Nope. Can’t remember. Sorry.
4. You loved it because you secretly wanted to be as confident and cool as Tony…
6. You loved Maxxie. There really never had been a gay character like him on television before.
7. You also loved Cassie, who said “wow” a lot.
8. And then there was Anwar, who was well… Anwar.
10. Skins was groundbreaking. It managed to mix serious issues, from sexuality to eating disorders to Chris’ abandonment issues and drug addiction…
11. … with the silly, like the time that the car fell into the river, whilst Sid was reaching for a cigarette lighter out of Tony’s back pocket, whilst Anwar was peeing.
12. I mean, even though it was marketed to seem like a ‘wild’ party, making your life look shit in comparison…
13. Nothing on TV made you feel as much back then. All the other teenage dramas were like Hollyoaks.
And it was so realistic.