5. For good luck, you must send it on to 10 friends.
The Hawaiian good luck totem will look out for you, duh.
7. According to the email, one woman passed it on and won the lottery that week!
That’d be nice.
8. But a man in the Philippines broke the chain and, the next day, his wife died.
11. And something really bad happened?
Like, what if the Spice Girls broke up?
13. You might as well play it safe. Right?
Besides, in 1998, chain emails are still kind of novelty.
16. Finally, you’ve typed in all their addresses, which you had memorized.
Address books are hard.