3. Because people think bats are terrifying little sharp-toothed bundles of flying hate.
4. But here’s the thing.
5. BATS ARE ADORABLE.
8. Poor, misunderstood bats. See this one?! It’s like a little hamster with wings! Oh my god!
11. Doesn’t this strangely kind of resemble…
14. And not only are they the cutest. Oh, no. Bats are wonderfully useful creatures to have around.
15. Someday, this guy will be able to eat 600 mosquitoes in an hour. This is a mosquito-killing MACHINE.
Say these people here.
17. And if it weren’t for bats, we might have fewer bananas, mangoes, almonds, peaches…
18. and TEQUILA.
These people say that bats pollinate a bunch of different plants and/or spread their seeds. Seed production of the agave plants used to make tequila drops to 1/3000th of normal without bats to pollinate them.
20. THEY ARE THE NIGHT.
21. But also friends.
22. Squeaky-clean friends.
(Apparently, bats groom themselves like cats.)