1. Ellen Degeneres and Portia De Rossi
More fun here. In a 1997 TIME magazine cover story, Degeneres talked about public curiosity at her coming out. “Let’s get beyond this,” she encouraged, “and let me get back to what I do. Maybe I’ll find something even bigger to do later on. Maybe I’ll become black.”
2. Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Justin Mitika
Further proof that everyone loves a good filter, and selfies are fun.
3. Jim Parsons and Todd Spiewak
Jim Parsons’ sexuality is far less surprising than his age. Can you believe Sheldon is 40?
4. NPH and David Burtka
As the glue that binds this adorable family together, these two have been a couple for nearly a decade! LEGENDARY.
5. Rosie O’Donnell and Michelle Rounds
O’Donnell and Rounds married last summer in a quiet ceremony that was moved up due to health issues.
6. Freddie Mercury and Jim Hutton
With a cat. This photo is amazing.
7. George Takei and Brad Altman
These two walked down a lavish and multicultural aisle in 2008. Just as important — are you seeing the mutton chops on that bagpipe player?
8. Queen Latifah and Jeanette Jenkins
Latifah is said to have been dating her fitness training instructor for several years.
9. Matt Bomer and Simon Halls
Their three kids have almost enough shoulders to ride on!
10. Melissa Etheridge and Linda Wallem
These two are now planning a wedding thanks to last week’s Supreme Court ruling.
11. Sir Elton John and David Furnish
Together with Furnish for about twenty years, Elton John spoke out in favor of gay marriage via the Independent last fall. “There is a world of difference between calling someone your ‘partner’ and calling them your ‘husband’,” he wrote. “‘Partner’ is a word that should be preserved for people you play tennis with, or work alongside in business. It doesn’t come close to describing the love that I have for David, and he for me. In contrast, ‘husband’ does.”
12. Cynthia Nixon and Christine Marinoni
Along with their daughter and bewildered son.
13. Anderson Cooper and Ben Maisani
Just going for a casual bike ride. In his public coming-out letter to fellow journalist Andrew Sullivan last summer, Cooper explained, “I have given some the mistaken impression that I am trying to hide something – something that makes me uncomfortable, ashamed or even afraid. This is distressing because it is simply not true.”
14. Michael Kors and Lance LePere
Married in a barefoot wedding ceremony on a beach in 2011, these two are surely fun at parties.
- The U.S. and Cuba have agreed to open embassies in Washington and Havana as they restore diplomatic ties after more than 50 years.
- And Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck have decided to divorce after 10 years of marriage ?