1. So by now, you’ve probably read J.K. Rowling’s new short story for her website Pottermore, “written” by Rita Skeeter.
2. The magical gossip columnist provides some saucy insights into the post-Deathly Hallows lives of some of our favorite characters.
3. But Potter fans have been #BLESSED yet again, because Rowling has penned even more new Potter content for the website.
4. This time, readers get a “live-blog” of the Quidditch World Cup from Ginny Weasley, writing for The Daily Prophet, and Rita again.
5. This is Harry Potter fans everywhere:
6. Sorry, Professor Snape, but this is some VERY exciting news.
7. Spoiler alert: Bulgaria beats Brazil 170-60, but the real winners are Harry Potter fans worldwide.
8. If you don’t have a free Pottermore account (AND YOU REALLY SHOULD) you can read a transcript of the matches’ events here.
In the most grievous of errors, a previous version of this post incorrectly stated Brazil beat Bulgaria in the Quidditch match. Ten points have been deducted from Gryffindor as such.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Four people working for VICE News who were detained by Turkish authorities on Thursday while covering political clashes with police are set to face terrorism charges. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›