1. Miley twerking at the VMAs.
This seems like AGES ago, but fun fact, it actually just happened last year! Have YOUR eyes recovered yet?
2. When Jennifer Lawrence tripped at the Oscars.
Doesn’t this just feel like AGES ago? LOL, she’s so relatable though!
3. When Justin Bieber was a douchebag.
OK, so this happened more than once.
4. Using emojis in text messages.
Lit’rally IDK how people communicated before emojis existed, but they did. #TBT to the Stone Ages, y’all.
5. The first time you SWOONED over these guys.
I know it seems like the boys of One Direction have been with us our entire lives, but they actually got together in 2010. Crazy, I know!
6. Picking the perfect filter on Instagram.
Lit’rally it is so hard to believe, but people ACTUALLY took pictures without an Instagram before! ~CrAzY sTuFf~
Remember the halcyon days when you actually had to SAY “you only live once” instead of just ~abbreving~ to #YOLO? Seems like so long ago, right?
8. Going to see the last Harry Potter movie in theaters.
And crying the entire time.
9. When this guy was reelected president.
FOUR. MORE. YEARS.
10. Kim Kardashian’s wedding to Kanye West.
I know it is hard to believe, but the wedding of the century ACTUALLY just happened a few months ago!
11. And also this wedding which didn’t have quite the same happy ending.
RIP Robb, we miss u :((((((((((((
12. Drinking chardonnay and watching your favorite Real Housewives.
I don’t want to know what reality television was like before The Real Housewives TBH.
13. Being weirded out by Lady Gaga’s most recent outfit.
Lit’rally, we NEVER understood what she was wearing.
14. Being in awe of Beyoncé’s Super Bowl performance.
Quite honestly, this feels like eons ago, but the performance is so ~ICONIC~ we will never forget it. But who were those two backup singers/dancers with her? Maybe some ’90s kids can answer that question.
15. When Emma Watson got a pixie cut.
Has ever a haircut inspired our generation so much? I think not. And then she inspired Miley, Bey, and JLaw after her. ***FLAWLESS.
16. Dancing to “Fancy” by Iggy Azalea.
I honestly can’t remember a time when “Fancy” WASN’T a thing. Can you?
17. Wishing you were Blue Ivy Carter.
The luckiest baby in the entire world.
18. Ellen’s Oscar selfie.
19. Texting your BFF on one of these for the first time.
The iPhone 4 is like the dinosaur of phones, amiright???
20. Defriending high school friends on Facebook.
Because duh, adding friends on Facebook is like, so 2007. We all know the hot thing to do now is be on a friend cleanse.
21. People losing their damn MINDS for cronuts.
And by people, I mean basic white girls everywhere.
22. Screenshotting your friends’ Snapchats.
You know you did it.
23. When Four Loko was banned.
R.I.P. to the easiest way to head to Blackout Town.
24. LIVING for every time Rihanna threw shade.
We all bowed down to Bad Gal RiRi.
25. Either being Team Peeta or Team Gale.
Katniss was ONE lucky girl, amiright ladies???
26. When Taylor Swift released a new song about one of her ex-boyfriends.
Sing along! “I knew you were trouble when you walked in…”
27. Crying at the beginning of Up…
28. …And the end of Toy Story 3.
SO. MANY. TEARS.
29. Being OBSESSED with Kim Kardashian: Hollywood.
How much do you hate Willow Pape?
30. Having a crush on Ryan Gosling.
Hey girl, can you believe we once lived in a world where we didn’t know who Ryan Gosling was?
31. And finally, taking WAY too many of these.
Because there is no one you’d rather take a picture of than yourself.