The worlds in Grand Theft Auto were vast and beautiful, but they never made much sense.
In a world of such confusing logic, you often found yourself acting in strange ways.
1. Like massacring religious sects, just because you could.
3. Everyone who ever played San Andreas spent hours driving up the mountain.
7. Or, y’know, no vehicle at all.
9. It was always hard to resist attacking members of the public for no reason.
10. Long, long after they were already dead.
Then spending a minute wondering what kind of a person you were.
11. You’d do this.
Just for the hell of it.
12. And everyone tried that thing when you drove ‘safely’ for a bit.
Then got bored and mowed someone down after thirty seconds.
13. But most of all, you’d do whatever it took to get all six wanted stars.
15. And when all that was finished, you just went to bed.
Knowing the world would be back to (almost) normal again the next day.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›