1. You’re not even remotely embarassed that your mascot is essentially just a blue chicken on steroids.
Stay perfect, YouDee.
2. You constantly talk about UD’s famous alumni including:
Vice President Joe Biden
Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco
Dr. Jill Biden
WNBA star Elena Delle Donne
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie
And of course, the man who gave life to earth’s greatest creature:
Taylor Swift’s Dad
3. You studied abroad somewhere totally awesome and unique, like Antarctica or Athens.
Studying somewhere normal like Paris or London is sooo 1923, the year UDel INVENTED study abroad. You’re welcome.
4. You split your time between two places:
Hugh Morris Library
Meet up with your best pals Kelly Kapowski and AC Slater for a beverage after studying.
5. You spent 90% of your freshman year wandering around Cleveland.
And 100% of your senior year yelling at freshmen on Cleveland.
6. You’ve walked from the Towers to Ivy.
Or maybe you got really lucky and caught a ride from the techno bus driver.
7. Meeting a fellow Blue Hen in a non-Delaware setting feels like Christmas.
8. You probably know at least one Double Del.
And their parents definitely took their wedding photos under the Kissing Arches.
9. You find it hard to adjust to bars that close later than 1 a.m. in the real world.
10. You’ve heard the phrase “1st and 10 Blue Hens!” but you’re not 100% sure what that means.
Sorry, Joe Flacco.
11. You’re probably from New Jersey or Long Island.
If not, someone from New Jersey or Long Island has probably called you a townie. Sorry!
12. You know that NDB is a national treasure.
Be smart, call ahead for your sorority bagel.
13. You called it UDel before you were a student, Delaware while you were a student, and UD after you graduated.
14. You majored in education, comm, nursing, or engineering.
Or you were in the business school and never stopped talking about it.
15. This haunts your dreams.
16. You most likely attended Firefly this year.
17. Homecoming, Greek Week, and St. Patrick’s Day are the highlights of your entire year.
(Insert a million identical #dage pictures here.)
18. You have roughly 45 different Cockpit T-shirts that all look the same.
19. The thought of consuming D.P. Dough makes you physically ill.
Especially after you’ve moved onto Freddie’s. Never look back.
20. You appreciate Trabant’s extreme font sizes on days when reading is hard.
21. You’ve been verbally accosted by the Kirkbride Jesus Guy.
22. You love walking down the Green.
23. But you love crawling down Main Street even more.
Mostly likely in a classy Dickinson C 2005 T-shirt with your entire freshman floor.
24. You’ve happily danced for 12 straight hours for an amazing cause.
UDance has raised over a million dollars in just a few years for the fight against childhood cancer. It’s basically the best day of the year.
25. You know every word to this song even though you’re from the Northeast.
Wait… Where did my New York accent go? Why do I suddenly feel like I’m in the Deep South? Why am I not mad about it? I blame you, Jefe.
26. If you’re an alumni, you know that graduation day was basically the worst day of your life.
And if you haven’t graduated yet, buckle up. It’s the worst.
27. But you also know that there’s no better feeling than going back to UD.
Whether you’ve been away for years or just another super long winter session, coming back is the best feeling in the world.