1. You get annoyed when people consider you a vegan, just because they don’t know the right term for your “weird diet.”
2. Not to mention how annoying you find it when people think being a pescetarian means you eat every meat all willy nilly.
3. You have to be extra careful when ordering soups and such, just in case someone sneaks a little broth in there that isn’t veggie.
4. Yes, you understand that there’s an extreme level of hypocrisy in choosing to eat fish, but you just have to give yourself this one. SORRY.
Fish are just a lot like vegetables of the sea.
5. Put on a happy face if you’re getting a sandwich for lunch, because most shops probably only offer weird vegetable toppings that actually belong on other sandwiches or a trusty tuna salad.
6. POP QUIZ: IS THIS CHICKEN SALAD OR TUNA SALAD? YOU’LL NEVER KNOW, SORRY, THIS IS YOUR BIGGEST FEAR.
7. At family meals, everyone wants to please you, but they have no idea how to help your “weird health habits.”
“I have potato. You eat potato? Good potato?”
8. Also, your family assumes you need to eat all kinds of fish for every part of every meal in order to survive. It’s not the case. But you appreciate their concern.
9. You know a lot of really fun Japanese terms thanks to your local sushi joint.
Gotta know those fish terms, y’all!
10. But when you’re at the Italian place down the road, you can carboload with the best of them.
CAN YOU SAY BAKED ZITI FOR DAAAAAYS?
11. Just because places like Red Lobster or Long John Silver’s exist in the world doesn’t mean YOU love to go there all the time…
12. Being a pescetarian at least gives you more options at restaurants.
13. Lord knows you love you some salad, but no one wants to eat it all the time.
14. You still consider yourself a vegetarian at heart, don’t get it twisted. You’re just one who happens to also eat fish.
15. When you first meet someone, you don’t say you’re a pescetarian because you assume people will have no idea what you’re talking about and that you’re trying to convert them into a religion. So you end up just keeping that to yourself.
But you’re always pleasantly surprised when people know what’s going on!
16. People might assume you’re super healthy because you’re a pescetarian, but that’s not always the case.
Do you know the main ingredient of tuna salad? MAYONNAISE.