1. Gus Kenworthy won something more than a silver medal during the Sochi Olympics: puppy love.
2. He discovered some irresistibly cute stray puppies in Sochi.
3. It was love at first sight, like for real. LOOK AT THEM.
4. The treatment of stray dogs in Sochi was pretty terrible, which is why Gus and his friend, Robin Macdonald, tried to rescue as many as they could.
5. They thought it would take Robin only a few days in Sochi to finish the adoption process, but he was there for almost a month working with Humane Society International to get around government roadblocks.
6. Robin made it back to America this week with three puppies and their mom!
7. Here you can watch them explain the emotional story behind this international rescue:
Plus, the adorable pups are a little jet-lagged from all this exciting travel, so they’re super cute.