1. Classic stars and stripes can be mixed and matched with other designs.
2. Can’t figure out how to make a star? Take the easy route.
Stars… Polka dots… whatever.
3. Or, skip the polish details entirely and go for glitter.
5. Or be a heavy-metal superhero!
Extra points for saving a life without breaking a nail.
6. Extra ambitious? Try a tiny flag French manicure (err… Freedom manicure).
8. Get crafty with a stamping kit to add some precise stars.
10. Or skip the stars altogether!
This one is so easy even your little brother could do it.
14. …Or overload on stenciled stars.
Ombré is totally still trendy on holidays.
16. Use stamps to get detailed.
Full disclosure: This requires lots of practice and a steady hand!
17. Or take the easy route with polka dots.
This is very lazy of you, but points for trying.
18. Go with a marbled look for some nostalgia.
This gets messy. Google “Tie Dye Nails.”
19. Choose alternating stripe patterns for a more subtle approach.
20. Not into overkill? Set an accent nail among solids for a punch of patriotism.
21. Bring Lady Liberty along for a cameo.
Requires serious concentration and nerves of steel.
28. Forget the stars entirely and get the point across with a nautical vibe.
29. Mostly dots should make this look easy to achieve.
30. Get two looks in one with a diagonal division.
Keeps both of your split personalities happy
- Afghan officials are investigating reports that Mullah Mohammed Omar, the leader of the Taliban, is dead.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- Michel Platini, the current UEFA president, will be a candidate in the 2016 FIFA election to replace Sepp Blatter ⚽️