1. According to the teacher who posted the photos, he teaches at a high school for “at-risk” students and gives them paper to draw and tag during class.
5. He tapes down pieces of scratch paper to each desk and leaves them there until the student fills it up.
15. “At-risk” students are high schoolers who are at risk of not graduating, many are students who fail a lot of classes, have criminal records, or girls that returned to school after becoming pregnant.
In The News Today
- Shannon Miles, who is suspected of ambushing and killing a Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy, was arrested Saturday and charged with capital murder. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›