1. According to the teacher who posted the photos, he teaches at a high school for “at-risk” students and gives them paper to draw and tag during class.
5. He tapes down pieces of scratch paper to each desk and leaves them there until the student fills it up.
15. “At-risk” students are high schoolers who are at risk of not graduating, many are students who fail a lot of classes, have criminal records, or girls that returned to school after becoming pregnant.
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Here Are The Top Stories
- The Boy Scouts of America has ended its ban on gay leaders, two years after lifting a ban on gay youth members.
- Boston is no longer pursuing a bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
- An independent committee has been formed to review evidence of the arrest and death of Sandra Bland.