1. Quinn Woodward Pu is a memoirist from Washington, D.C., who recently wrote a post called “I’m 26. What’s a filter?”
2. In the post she explains that she went on a dinner date with a guy she met and then invited him to a birthday party she was throwing. A few days later she got this text from him:
3. She wrote that his text “stunned her into paralysis.”
I was stunned into paralysis. I had no words–this never happens–and I just felt short of breath. There were many things that pissed me off, but I was so flustered I couldn’t even articulate them. Again, this is a serious problem for a writer and effusive communicator.
6. She says that she’ll never remain silent in face of an insecure man again.
…May I (and you, and your girlfriends, moms, grandmothers, daughters, etc.) never remain silent in the bombastic, outrageously chauvinistic face of an insecure man. After all, only two months ago did a writer describe me as such when asked about my relationship status: “she blushes, giggling a bit. Translation: Ms. Woodward Pu is quite happy being single.”
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›