1. In 2011, Robert Foster weighed 327 lbs. and his wife Jessica weighed 287 lbs. Their weight issues had gotten pretty bad and they felt they were caught in a downward spiral.
2. The Colorado couple told reporters the weight piled on, and as they got bigger it only became harder to stop their overeating habits.
3. By 2012, they finally decided that they had to make a change. Both were suffering from low self-esteem and were unable to fully enjoy playing with their kids.
4. Jessica enrolled in a Zumba class. She lost 14 lbs. in the first few weeks. Robert wasn’t so quick to start exercising, but his first step was small diet changes.
5. The couple shed insane amounts of weight. By that December, Rob entered his first 5K. Jessica finished with a better time than he did, and that competitive edge made him start taking things seriously.
6. As of today, Robert’s finished a second 5K, a 10K, and a marathon. Along the way he lost 160 lbs. And Jessica lost 120 lbs., dropping from a dress size of 24 to a size 10.
8. Also, slidey thing!
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- [Florida is bracing for tropical storm Erika, which is expected to hit the stat on Monday after tearing through Caribbean islands. At least 20 people have been killed. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- And on the same day 10 years later, former U.S. President George W. Bush toured New Orleans on the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›