1. In 2011, Robert Foster weighed 327 lbs. and his wife Jessica weighed 287 lbs. Their weight issues had gotten pretty bad and they felt they were caught in a downward spiral.
2. The Colorado couple told reporters the weight piled on, and as they got bigger it only became harder to stop their overeating habits.
3. By 2012, they finally decided that they had to make a change. Both were suffering from low self-esteem and were unable to fully enjoy playing with their kids.
4. Jessica enrolled in a Zumba class. She lost 14 lbs. in the first few weeks. Robert wasn’t so quick to start exercising, but his first step was small diet changes.
5. The couple shed insane amounts of weight. By that December, Rob entered his first 5K. Jessica finished with a better time than he did, and that competitive edge made him start taking things seriously.
6. As of today, Robert’s finished a second 5K, a 10K, and a marathon. Along the way he lost 160 lbs. And Jessica lost 120 lbs., dropping from a dress size of 24 to a size 10.
8. Also, slidey thing!
Here Are The Top Stories
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️