1. The marketing team behind WestJet airlines came up with one hell of a marketing stunt for Christmas this year.
2. The way it worked: They set up this Santa box that more than 250 guests spoke to, telling the on-screen Santa what they wanted for Christmas.
3. They asked for things like a new scarf, an Android tablet, or even just a flight home.
5. What the passengers didn’t know was that on the other side of the screen were of 175 WestJet volunteers.
6. They quickly ran out with the list of presents while the plane was in the air.
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Here Are The Top Stories
- President Obama unveiled a climate change plan on Monday that calls for federal limits on the amount of carbon power plants can produce.
- Puerto Rico has failed to make a $58 million debt payment, and credit rating agency Moody's says the U.S. territory is in default.
- The death penalty should still be considered for Colorado theater shooter James Holmes, a jury decided.