1. The marketing team behind WestJet airlines came up with one hell of a marketing stunt for Christmas this year.
2. The way it worked: They set up this Santa box that more than 250 guests spoke to, telling the on-screen Santa what they wanted for Christmas.
3. They asked for things like a new scarf, an Android tablet, or even just a flight home.
5. What the passengers didn’t know was that on the other side of the screen were of 175 WestJet volunteers.
6. They quickly ran out with the list of presents while the plane was in the air.
In The News Today
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Texas carried out its 11th execution of the year on Tuesday — the most of any state — putting to death an inmate who murdered a man over $8. ›
- The U.S. is investigating how a cargo ship with 33 people on board sank during Hurricane Joaquin. The ship went missing in the Caribbean last week. ›