1. Massachusetts state inspectors have declared the Fung Wah Bus an “imminent hazard,” aiming to shut down operations for the infamous Chinatown bus line.
2. Inspectors looked at nine buses and found serious problems with eight of them.
3. The Fung Wah bus line has had a history of problems, like rollovers, crashes, and buses being engulfed in flames…
4. But Fung Wah shutting down is a total bummer for those of us who relied on its cheap and totally stylish service.
5. Fung Wah took passengers from NYC to Boston and Boston to NYC for $15, and while, yes, there was always a chance your bus could catch fire, it wasn’t THAT bad.
7. And the seats — man, were they seats. And they sort of even reclined!
9. There’s so much to miss about the Fung Wah, like the excitement of wondering whether your bus would show up on time or not.
11. You never knew if you’d stop at a rest stop. It was exciting! One time, I actually stopped at an Arby’s. What a day.
12. And if they did stop for food there was, of course, always the chance they’d leave you.
13. But in all seriousness, it’s hard not to love the imperfections of the Fung Wah.
Here Are The Top Stories
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.
- A pilot has broken the world records for longest solo flight and longest non-stop flight ever taken in a solar-powered airplane ?