1. Jodie Edkins, a working mom from Derbyshire, England, estimates that over the last two years she probably consumed over 1,000 Big Macs.
2. If you tallied up all the McDonald’s she consumed it’d equal about 1,050,000 calories.
3. In 2011, Jodie’s daughter Isla was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Getting meals from the drive thru to and from the hospital is what Jodie suspects caused the nasty habit.
4. But after Isla recovered and was given the all clear from her doctors in June of last year, Jodie decided it was time for a change.
6. She dropped almost 10 dress sizes, from a 26 to a 14, and now mostly eats home-cooked meals. She also says that she doesn’t miss McDonald’s even a little bit.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›