1. The AP is reporting that Justin Bieber has 24 hours to reclaim his pet monkey, OG Mally, who was been in custody in Germany since April.
Michaela Rehle / Reuters
2. If Bieber doesn’t contact officials by midnight, the 20-week-old Capuchin monkey will be sent to a Germany zoo.
3. OG Mally is currently being quarantined in an animal shelter in Munich after he was unable to leave the country with Bieber because the singer didn’t have the proper documents for the animal.
Matthias Schrader / AP
4. Emails from Bieber’s management to German customs have indicated that he no longer wants the monkey.
In The News Today
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Four people working for VICE News who were detained by Turkish authorities on Thursday while covering political clashes with police are set to face terrorism charges. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›